Building Controls and Services, Inc. strives to always be the leader in delivering unsurpassed environmentally sensitive and cost effective services to optimize the overall performance of our customers’ facilities while also providing a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for every employee. We are committed to providing a safe, secure and rewarding work atmosphere for each employee. BCS is celebrating its 25th year in business this year!! We have our corporate office in Tonawanda, NY and four (4) other subsidiaries in Jamestown, CNY, Syracuse, and Erie, PA.
1. Job Statement (What are the major objectives or outcomes to be accomplished by the person in this job?) Coordinate the total implementation of energy services projects, managing both BCS personnel and subcontractors. Responsible for maintaining overall project budgets and schedules as well as customer satisfaction with project results. Oversees the commissioning of all energy services projects and the delivery of required training. Also, provides consultative support to our clients and other BCS staff members and works with our partners to maximize our service delivery.
2. Essential/Critical Functions and Responsibilities
• Participate in the development of Preliminary Energy Assessments (PEA) and Comprehensive Energy Assessments (CEA).
• Provide reviews and approvals of all cost estimates developed as part of the PEA and CEA process.
• Manage the procurement of all vendors, subcontractors, and materials for BCS Energy Performance Contracts.
• Maintain relationships with local mechanical and electrical subcontractors.
• Coordinate and oversee all internal control system design/engineering.
• Administer external design/engineering of energy conservation measures.
• Primary point person for all project construction/implementation.
• Schedule and administer regular project review meetings.
• Coordinate project closeout, start-up, commissioning.
• Schedule and oversee all required project training.
• Oversee the measurement and verification of energy savings to include data collection, analysis, and documentation.
• Preparation of project related documentation.
• Monitoring of project budgeting and actual costs/expenditures minimally on a monthly basis.
• Achieve estimated finished gross margins on energy services projects.
• Process documentation for billings on a regular basis.
• Participate in customer presentations as requested
• Assist with collections when requested.
• Communication and coordination with clients.
• Develop new customer relationships.
2. Essential/Critical Functions and Responsibilities
• Attend meetings and keep commitments necessary to support all energy services functions.
• Provide appropriate and timely direction and feedback to all BCS personnel on all operations management activities.
• Provide regular updates to the General Manager – Energy & Commissioning Services.
3. Additional Job Specifications (Education, prior experience, other)
• 2 year engineering or technical AAS degree or 10 years field experience minimum
• 4 year engineering or technical degree preferred.
• 10 years mechanical/temperature control project management experience.
• Experience with and knowledge of mechanical and electrical contractors in our geographic area.
• Project management certification highly desirable.
• Work team supervision experience.
• Familiarity with Windows Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
4. Personal Characteristics (Also includes behavioral traits and skills)
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Ability to work independently without day to day supervision.
• Be creative and open-minded.
• Possess superior communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Possess superior organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to produce effectively under deadline pressure.
• Ability to direct efforts of other personnel.
• Take responsibility for accuracy of work and project performance.
• Ability to work on several projects concurrently with deadlines that may conflict.
• Ability to write in a clear, concise manner, conveying facts in an organized manner.
• Ability to participate in client meetings and presentations, clearly conveying technical aspects of proposals and audits.
• Commitment to follow all safety requirements.
• Commitment to accomplish training goals.
• Must be accountable to verify assets assigned to you as requested.
• Commitment to keeping work environment in a presentable manner.
5. What people are managed by the person in this job?
a. BCS technicians and project manager(s)
b. Energy Services Administrative Assistant
6. What are the compensations? (Income range, pay formula, advancement opportunities, etc.)
• Compensation based on experience.
• Medical benefits - health and dental (Employer/employee contribution) insurance. Employer pays approximately 50% of health and dental coverage.
• Flex Plan $300/yr contribution by employer) and Health Savings Accounts ($1250/yr family, and $625/yr single contribution by employer). Minimal contribution required by employee.
• 401k Pension Plan with $.25 on a dollar up to 6% employer contribution.
• 8-1/2 Paid Holidays.
• Vacation dependent on years of service. 2 weeks at time of hire. Pro-rata based on start date.
• 5 Personal Days (compensated for if not used where applicable).
• Life Insurance (2 times salary), paid by company.
• Long Term Disability Plan premium paid by company.
• Tuition assistance program to further education.
• Long Term Care insurance available to purchase
• Voluntary Disability Programs at reduced rates.