Building Controls and Services, Inc. strives to always be the leader in delivering unsurpassed environmentally sensitive and cost effective services to optimize the overall performance of our customers’ facilities while also providing a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for every employee. We are committed to providing a safe, secure and rewarding work atmosphere for each employee. BCS is celebrating its 25th year in business this year!! We have our corporate office in Tonawanda, NY and four (4) other subsidiaries in Jamestown, CNY, Syracuse, and Erie, PA.
1. Job Statement (What are the major objectives or outcomes to be accomplished by the person in this job?) Implement the Energy Services’ Measurement & Verification program to include on-going/real-time collection and analysis of energy consumption for all active Performance Contracts, development of remedial plans for the correction of consumption anomalies, and providing assistance during the development of comprehensive energy conservation programs. Also responsible for participation in the commissioning of all energy projects to insure the achievement of guaranteed savings. Provide consultative sales to our clients and work with our partners to maximize services. Responsible also to assist in the sales activities of the Energy Services group.
2. Essential/Critical Functions and Responsibilities
• Collection of customer utility data as well as on-going/real time energy consumption data through available BAS platforms.
• Analysis of available data to identify any trends or anomalies that could affect the level of savings.
• Develop, review, and refine BAS sequences and programming to optimize energy conservation within specified parameters such as occupant comfort, health, safety, etc.
• Monitor and trend BAS collected data for all energy projects to insure functionality and optimization.
• Establish on-going monitoring requirements, methods and tools to insure proper operation of PC-related Building Automation Systems.
• Maintain data base of energy consumption data for all active projects.
• Responsible and accountable for all Measurement & Verification activities for active EPC projects.
• Responsible for timely preparation of periodic Measurement & Verification reports which summarize current energy data and compare that data to baseline information.
• Assist in the development of updated energy baselines when required.
• Participate in the submittal approvals of BAS related hardware and software.
• Assistance during project closeout, start-up, and commissioning.
• Provide assistance during the development of comprehensive energy conservation programs.
• Provide support during the analysis of specific energy conservation measures including data logging and operational trend development.
• Assist in the coaching/training of automation technicians regarding energy related BAS programming (e.g., sequences, set points, methods, etc.)
• Communication and coordination with clients.
• Maintain existing customer relationships.
• Attend meeting and keep commitments necessary to support Energy Services functions.
• Provide appropriate and timely direction and feedback to all BCS personnel on all M&V-related activities.
3. Job Specifications (Also includes behavioral traits and skills)
• Ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision.
• Be creative and open minded.
• Possess superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Possess superior organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to produce effectively under deadline pressure.
• Take responsibility for accuracy of work and project performance.
• Ability to work on several projects concurrently with deadlines that may conflict.
• Ability to write in a clear, concise manner, conveying facts in an organized manner.
• Ability to participate in client meetings and presentations, clearly conveying technical aspects of proposals, audits, and studies, if applicable.
• Commitment to follow all company safety requirements.
• Commitment to accomplish all training goals.
• Must be accountable to very assets assigned to you as requested.
• Commitment to keeping work environment in a presentable and safe condition.
4. Additional Job Specifications (Education, prior experience, other)
• Work team supervision experience.
• 10 years mechanical/temperature control project management experience.
• 2 year engineering technical degree or equivalent work experience minimum; 4 year engineering degree preferred.
5. What people are managed by the person in this job?
6. What are the compensations? (Income range, pay formula, advancement opportunities, etc.)
• Compensation based on experience.
• Medical benefits - health and dental (Employer/employee contribution) insurance. Employer pays approximately 50% of health and dental coverage.
• Flex Plan $300/yr contribution by employer) and Health Savings Accounts ($1250/yr family, and $625/yr single contribution by employer). Minimal contribution required by employee.
• 401k Pension Plan with $.25 on a dollar up to 6% employer contribution.
• 8-1/2 Paid Holidays.
• Vacation dependent on years of service. 2 weeks at time of hire. Pro-rata based on start date.
• 5 Personal Days (compensated for if not used where applicable).
• Life Insurance (2 times salary), paid by company.
• Long Term Disability Plan premium paid by company.
• Tuition assistance program to further education.
• Long Term Care insurance available to purchase
• Voluntary Disability Programs at reduced rates.